Baruipur High School is one of he pioneering and prestigious educational institutes of South 24 Pgs, West Bengal, India. It is located in Baruipur, the town where Sri Chaitanya Dev once stayed and where ‘Sahitya Samrat’ Bankim Chandra worked as magistrate. The school has a glorious history and heritage. It was founded in 1858, one year after Sepoy Mutiny, by the local land lords Roycowdhury family, in a deserted indigo plant house, popularly known as ‘Nilkuthi’, during the regime of Lord Canning.
Several celebrities, including Mother Teresa, the Nobel laureate, have enriched the glory of the institution by their auspicious presence and co-operation. Since the year of its recognition by West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, the school has been producing thousands of talents reflected in the merit list of both Madhyamik and H.S results. Ex-students of this school, having extra-ordinary academic excellence have been holding highly responsible posts not only in Govt. and private sectors of India, many of them are serving successfully and skillfully in the U.S.A., in Europe and in neighbouring countries of India.